Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday- He is Risen

Salvation cannot be bought with the currency of obedience. It is purchased by the blood of the son of God. - Dieter F Utchdorf. General Conference Spring 2015.

I woke up this morning and realized it was my most favorite Sunday of the year. Easter Sunday. It always brings hope, colors, light, kindness. A benevolent sense of wonder to all of God's creations. An image of Jesus Christ our Savior and the Mary Magdalene on the morning when she saw Christ resurrected for the first time.

I'm always in awe as I wonder why did he visit her first? Whom would I have visited? I wonder if she felt so insignificant and then suddenly of genuine impalpable worth? 

I also think of the woman who washed his feet with her tears and then with expensive oils. I think of the meek and lowly in heart. 

I cannot say I feel this way everyday, but it does every Easter Sunday. 

Watching general conference, the words of one of the speakers were that of never giving up in rediscovering, renewing, and setting forth goals to which we strengthen our belief that Jesus is the Christ. Often times we just believe. And this belief becomes lessened or of little priority in our daily lives. But he encouraged us to renew our beliefs and like renew our goals to know Him once again. To question his very existence when we fall short of knowing Him. I liked that. And will strive to look with vigor each time I find myself in more of a secular mode. I wish you a very Happy Easter Anna. You're growing up and your mind seem more fixed on your iPod. And less on your soul. Perhaps it is part of life.  But when you find yourself in doubt or despair, I hope you can remember how much God loves you. Try to recall how much as a little girl, your spirit was in both worlds. Be happy. Choose happiness above all and you'll never be alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment